- A vegan diet promotes healthy weight management
- It also helps in injury recovery
- Athletes also recover more quickly from inflammation
Do you ever wonder why many famous vegan tennis players never indulged in animal product niceties?
Well, there are many reasons behind all of this, and it’s logical for every thought. So, the big question is, why do tennis players choose this diet? Here are some reasons why.
- Weight management: A vegan diet helps with weight management because it tends to be lower in calories and fat than a diet that includes animal products. It’s essential for tennis players who need to maintain a certain weight to optimize their performance on the court.
- Recovery: Plant-based proteins, such as those found in beans, lentils, and tofu, can help with muscle recovery after a match or intense training session. They are beneficial for tennis players, to remain in top form.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Plant-based diet has anti-inflammatory effects, which are beneficial for athletes who are at risk of inflammation due to the physical demands of their sport.
- Heart health: This diet is beneficial for heart health, which is important for all athletes, especially those engaged in high-intensity sports like tennis.
WHICH TENNIS PLAYERS ARE VEGANS?
Several famous vegan tennis players couldn’t trade this diet for anything. They include the following:
Venus Williams is a professional tennis player who has been vegan since 2011. She credits her vegan diet with helping her to manage her autoimmune disorder, Sjogren’s syndrome, and with improving her athletic performance.
Novak Djokovic went vegan in 2018. He said that this meal plan helped him to improve his energy levels and overall health. Besides, he no longer has health complications like he had in the past before choosing this diet.
James Blake is a retired professional tennis player who went since 2017. He says that his vegan diet makes him feel more energetic and recover more quickly from injuries.
Serena Williams decided to try a plant-based diet in 2012. It helps her maintain a healthy weight and to recover more quickly from injuries she picked when training.
Although she is now retired, she continues with this diet in an effort to stay in shape.
Nick Kyrgios, an Australian tennis player, wasn’t always a vegan. He didn’t start reevaluating his views on eating other creatures until the Australian bushfires of 2020.
The tennis star, according to PETA, was horrified when he saw how much the animals in Australia were going through at the time. Kyrgios was deeply heartbroken by the loss of animal life, and he drastically altered his lifestyle and gave up dairy and meat.
That’s how he ended up being among famous vegan tennis players. He collaborated with the Beyond Meat vegan firm in the past to raise awareness.
Martina Navratilova is unquestionably a tennis legend with 18 grand slam wins and 31 women’s doubles crowns to her credit. Of course, this incredible athlete is defined by more than just her unquestionable talent for the sport—she is also committed to protecting animal rights.
The tennis legend, a fervent supporter of PETA, is a long passionate vegetarian, according to Media Referee.
IS NOVAK DJOKOVIC A VEGAN?
Novak Djokovic completes famous vegan tennis players list. Along with his intense training, his careful adherence to his nutrition plan is what has contributed most to his achievement.
He strives to follow a diet that not many people would follow for years and never once does he falter. But what does the world No. 1’s diet entail? What, when, and how does he eat? He explains everything in his book, Serve To Win: The 14-Day Gluten-Free Plan for Physical and Mental Excellence.
Djokovic claims that giving up gluten in 2018 was his most significant career move.
IS ROGER FEDERER A VEGAN?
Federer was a vegan up until the age of 14. This was a decision he made on personal and ethical grounds. Things changed when the retired tennis legend made the decision to play competitive tennis.
Federer enrolled in an academy to pursue a professional career, which is when he started eating meat as part of his new diet.