Connect with us

Football

Newcastle agrees a fee on Everton winger Anthony Gordon

Smmsav.com and Followersav.com is the Cheapest and Best SMM Panel company that provides advertising, marketing, and promotional services in 2024. Smm panel best Smm panel Smm panel best Smm panel casino Script Buy Casino Backlinks Buy Casino Backlinks Casino SEO
Anthony Gordon
Everton winger Anthony Gordon will join Newcastle United. | PHOTO: Sky Sports |
  • Newcastle United have reached an agreement with Everton over the transfer of Anthony Gordon
  • Gordon had attracted interest from several Premier League clubs, and it’s Newcastle that he will play for
  • Meanwhile, Brighton manager De Zerbi has advised Caicedo against a move away from Amex Stadium

According to 90min, Newcastle United and Everton have reached an agreement on a price to buy winger Anthony Gordon.

Gordon missed three days of training, including two unapproved, to push through a transfer to St James’ Park this month. He returned to practice on Friday.

Everton initially wanted close to £60 million to let go of the 21-year-old, who Chelsea was interested in during the summer, but they have now agreed to lower their demands to roughly £ 45 million.

Newcastle has made an initial £40 million bid, with an additional £5 million in add-ons, sources have confirmed to 90 Minutes.

Everton is eager to raise cash despite their initial reluctance to sell Gordon to pay for their own January hiring spree.

Anthony Gordon

Everton winger Anthony Gordon is poised to join Premier League rivals Newcastle United. | PHOTO: Sky Sports |

Following Frank Lampard’s departure from Goodison Park, Sean Dyche has agreed to assume management. It is anticipated that the former Burnley manager will receive financial support to help the team escape the relegation zone.

Ryan Fraser of Newcastle is one player Dyche is reportedly interested in. Although there are presently no rumours suggesting that Fraser would be involved in Newcastle’s attempt to recruit Gordon, the 28-year-old has recently struggled for minutes and is free to leave St. James’ this month.

Still in the Premier League, Brighton manager Roberto De Zerbi feels it would be in Moises Caicedo’s best interests to stay at Brighton and Hove Albion until the end of the season after Arsenal reportedly failed with a big-money bid for the midfielder.

According to reports, the Gunners have made Caicedo a £60 million bid, but the Seagulls want to make sure the 21-year-old remains with the team when the transfer market ends next Tuesday.

Chelsea is also interested in the Ecuadorian international, and last week, they submitted a bid of their own.

The Seagulls already lost Leandro Trossard to Premier League leaders Arsenal last week after Belgium forward fell out with De Zerbi.

Seagulls head coach De Zerbi has urged the in-demand Caicedo to remain at the Amex Stadium – for the time being, at least.

Moises Caicedo

Brighton midfielder Moses Caicedo has attracted strong interest from Premier League sides Arsenal and Chelsea. | PHOTO: SKy Sports |

The Italian said: “I think he’s [Caicedo] a good guy. He’s focused only on Brighton. I hope he can stay with us until the end of the season because, in my opinion, it’s the best solution for him and us.

“I can understand the other big teams want our young players – [Alexis] Mac Allister, Caicedo, [Kaoru] Mitoma, [Solly] March – but the decision is for the players and the club.

“I spoke with him on Wednesday and I told him my opinion.

“I think it’s always difficult to change inside the season because you can find more problems. It is important to stay another four months.”

Quizzed about his conversations with Caicedo, De Zerbi added: “He’s relaxed. He’s a good guy. I spoke with him like a father, not like a coach.

“I understand when one player has the possibility to change teams and go to a very big team, but my work is to give the style of play and also advice for his career and his life.”

Nathan Sialah is a journalist by profession with interest in politics, sports, cryptocurrency and human interests with 5 years experience in Radio and Digital Journalism. This has helped Sialah develop a responsible approach to any task he undertakes or any situation that he is presented with.

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

More in Football