Connect with us
cara membuat situs judi online gacor di casinoscripting.com, how create online casino website visit casinoscripting.com: Dominate the digital landscape with Smmsav.com and Followersav.com your go-to best SMM Panel in 2024 for affordable social media marketing solutions. Best Press release services in 2024 is Followersav and Smmsav boost your business with us. best Smm panel organic spotify plays

Football

Rafa Benitez confirms Lucas Digne has already requested for a transfer

Luca Digne transfer
Everton left-back Lucas Digne. | PHOTO: Getty Images |

Rafa Benitez confirms Lucas Digne transfer

Everton manager Rafa Benitez has accused Lucas Digne of putting his own interests in what he said “ahead of the team” after he confirms he’s requested a move away from Everton this transfer window.

The France international has not featured for Benitez since the pair experienced a high-profile falling out last month and interest in Digne is rife. Newcastle, Leicester, Chelsea – who are experiencing a hardship in the left-back position at the moment and West Ham are all considering a move for the defender, who seems unlikely to feature while the current manager is in place at Goodison Park.

Benitez provided an update on Digne’s future in a press conference prior to Everton’s FA Cup meeting with Hull City on Saturday and appeared to dig at his player for his lack of commitment while confirming that he’s requested a transfer.

“We have some conversations. He told me what he thought. So what do you expect the manager to do when a player is thinking about leaving?” Benitez said.

“We need commitment. We don’t need enquiries. I am not in charge of the negotiations but when someone is asking, they have to commit themselves and say ‘I will buy.”

Rafa Benitez confirms Lucas Digne transfer

Everton manager Rafa Benitez with left-back Lucas Digne in a past match. | PHOTO: Getty Images |

When the embattled manager was asked why he thought Digne was trying to force his way out of Everton, Benitez insisted that he was unsure of his motives, adding: “I have no explanation. We are professionals, we are paid big money to do our job… In modern football, maybe the priorities have changed & people think about themselves ahead of the team.

“The 31st January, if he’s here then we have to start doing what we have to do. At the moment, in his head, he has what he has & we have to deal with the players that are here.”

Benitez also confirmed that Everton is yet to receive a bid, remarking: “As a manager, you try to do the best for your club & sometimes it’s against you. We were trying to manage the situation. There is interest but nothing concrete. What I cannot do is bring players who want to be here & give priority to those who are not interested.”

In terms of Digne’s future, it has been reported that Newcastle are pushing hard for a swift, permanent deal, while the rest of his suitors are only interested in taking the player on loan with a buy option.

The Magpies have already spoken to Everton about a player-plus-cash deal that would involve midfielder Sean Longstaff going in the opposite direction. However, like many of Newcastle’s other January targets, Digne is not convinced by a move to St James’ at this time because of their relegation battle.

Instead, the Frenchman is hopeful that Chelsea will seek cover for the injured Ben Chilwell, although any bid from Thomas Tuchel’s side is likely to come in the form of a loan. Chelsea London neighbours, West Ham United are also interested in Digne because of an injury to Aaron Cresswell, although the club remains optimistic he will return from a back problem soon.

Nathan Sialah is a journalist by profession with interest in politics, sports, cryptocurrency and human interests with 5 years experience in Radio and Digital Journalism. This has helped Sialah develop a responsible approach to any task he undertakes or any situation that he is presented with.

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

More in Football