Kylian Mbappe’s dream to play for Real Madrid this season remains in limbo hours before the summer transfer window ends on Tuesday.
Real Madrid has been in talks with his club Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) for weeks now and their last offer made on Monday was £171.6m (€200m).
However, PSG remained mum on the issue by Monday evening. There was no response to the Spanish club’s offer.
This is despite offering a further £8.57m (€10m) in add-ons according to SkySports. There is a good chance that Frenchman will remain at PSG until next summer in January.
Then, Real Madrid will sign a pre-contract with PSG on his transfer. Mbappe says that he is ready to move on free transfer in January.
On Thursday last week, the Spanish club gave PSG another bid – £145.6m – up from the initial £137m submitted earlier.
PSG rejected this offer terming it a far cry from Mbappe’s real worth.
The offer is considered to be a far cry from what Kylian is worth today. We also owe part of this money to Monaco and we consider that the bid is not sufficient,” PSG sporting director Leonardo Nascimento de Araújo stated.
However, Thursday’s second bid by Real Madrid set sail for the talks reportedly headed in the right direction.
Mbappe insists that his dream is to join Real as early as this summer. He has less than a year to his contract with PSG.
Real Madrid is optimistic that it will sign Mbappe before the summer transfer window closes on Tuesday next week.
Should the talks come to fruition, Real Madrid will sign a pre-contract with Mbappe. He will join the Spanish club on a free transfer next summer starting January.
PSG on Wednesday took a hardline position saying they will not sell Mbappe for less. Leonardo said their focus is on keeping Mbappe although he expressed will leave the French Ligue 1 club.
“We have no plans to talk to Real Madrid again. The deadline is August 31 at midnight. That’s how the transfer window is, but we are clear about this: we want to keep him and extend his deal.
“But we’re not going to let him go for less than what we paid for him when we still owe Monaco money,” Leonardo opined.