Connect with us


Tusker FC beat Vihiga United to make it six in a row

cara membuat situs judi online gacor di, how create online casino website visit Dominate the digital landscape with and your go-to best SMM Panel in 2024 for affordable social media marketing solutions. Best Press release services in 2024 is Followersav and Smmsav boost your business with us. best Smm panel organic spotify plays
Tusker FC's David Majak celebrates his winner
  • Tusker had to come from a goal down
  • David Majak stepped off the bench to
  • The brewers lead the standings with 18 points

FKF Premier League champions Tusker FC continued their 100percent winning start to the new season after coming from a goal down to beat Vihiga Bullets 2-1 at the Ruaraka Complex. The brewers were wasteful infront of goal but were saved the blushes by substitute David Majak who came off the bench to score the winner.

Fredrick Ochieng had given Vihiga the lead after just two minutes, but Tusker rallied to equalize through Deogratious Ojok before Majak scored the winner in the second half.

Tusker had a fast start off the blocks and just within the opening minute and a half had two chances to score. First, left back Boniface Onyango raced down the flank and into the box but his shot greased the upright before Ojok missed a sitter seconds later.

For the missed opportunities, Tusker were immediately punished when a mistake at the back saw Ochieng win the ball one on one with keeper Patrick Matasi to slot the ball into the bottom right.

Even after going down, Tusker still dominated and had more chances with Ojok’s header from a cross being saved while Eric Zakayo had a left footed curling effort deflected against the bar.

Another opportunity from set piece

Tusker’s Shaphan Oyugi in action against Vihiga

They had another opportunity off a set piece with Charles Momanyi’s header being saved before Ojok fially got the much needed equalizer. The Ugandan headed his fifth goal of the season after Shaphan Oyugi beat the offside trap to float in a cross from the left.

Three minutes later he should have had his second when a cross from the left found him inside the box, but his volley after controlling rifled over the bar.

Tusker dictated the tempo and pushed Vihiga into defending into their own half, but were unable to add on the goals, going to the break with a 2-0 lead.

At the start of the second half, Tusker coach Robert Matano sought to address the profligacy infront of goal with three changes, David Odoyo, John Njuguna and Shaphan making way for Eric Otieno, Rodgers Ouma and Stewart Omondi.

The brewers continued their dominance and seven minutes after the restart they had a chance to make it two when Humphrey Mieno chipped a ball behind the defense into Ojok’s run, but the latter saw his shot saved by the keeper.

Denied by the bar once again

Tusker’s John Njuguna in action against Vihiga

Five minutes later, Tusker were denied by the bar for the third time in the game, this time Stewart Omondi’s curling freekick from the right bouncing off the woodwork.

They made another change in the 66th minute with Ojok replaced by South Sudanese international Majak. The lanky forward needed just six minutes to make his mark when he nodded home the second goal after glancing home a cross from Stewart.

Tusker pushed hard to extend the lead with Majak twice coming close again while Rodgers also had an opportunity with a long range shot that was saved.

Despite attempting to raise some last minute pressure, the visitors didn’t have much ammunition in their reserves as Tusker held on for the maximum points.

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

More in Football